Photo: WESTJET 787 Dreamliner – WestJet’s 787 Dreamliner is now operating between Toronto Pearson International Airport and Vancouver International Airport five-times weekly.
WestJet to Offer Guests No-Charge Covid-19 Travel Insurance for Air and Vacation Reservations
In our continued efforts to put your Safety Above All, effective September 18, 2020 we’ll offer no-charge COVID-19 travel insurance coverage for our guests when travelling to the U.S., Europe, the UK, Mexico and the Caribbean until August 31, 2021. This coverage also extends to inbound guests to Canada from these destinations. Coverage will be automatically included when you purchase your booking. Please refer to the frequently asked questions for full coverage details, inclusions and exclusions.
We’re pleased to share that our coverage now includes travel to, from and through the U.S. and U.S. territories. We will be extending this coverage to those guests who made purchases on or after September 18, 2020.
- New round-trip bookings including WestJet Vacations packages will be eligible for coverage up to 21 days
- New one-way bookings will be eligible for coverage for up to seven days
- Emergency medical and hospital costs for outbound travellers if diagnosed with COVID-19 while outside of Canada for up to a maximum limit of $200,000 CAD per insured person.
- Emergency medical and hospital costs for inbound travellers visiting Canada diagnosed with COVID-19 while in Canada up to the maximum limit of $200,000 CAD per insured person.
- Quarantine accommodation costs when the traveller tests positive for COVID-19 on the trip up to $150 CAD per insured person (or up to $300/day per immediate family),per day to a maximum of 14 days for inbound and outbound reservations.
- Ambulance transportation and air evacuation costs related to COVID-19, up to the maximum limit of $200,000 CAD per insured person for inbound and outbound guests.
- COVID-19 repatriation costs in case of death of up to $5,000 CAD per insured person for inbound and outbound guests.
One-way economy airfare for the return of one travelling companion and dependent children when air evacuated back home for treatment.
- COVID-19 related insurance coverage will apply to any eligible itinerary that includes at least one flight operated by WestJet (code 838). You will qualify for coverage regardless of whether your first flight was operated by WestJet or by one of WestJet’s code share partners so long as your booking was ticketed on WestJet and includes a flight operated by WestJet.
- If you purchased your ticket on a WestJet-operated flight from another airline, even if that airline is a code-share partner airline of WestJet, you will not be eligible for coverage.
Exclusions apply. Not available for travel including cruises. For frequently asked questions, full details on coverage, inclusions and exclusions ask your Total Advantage Travel Agent.
WESTJET – Safety above all